Certified School Improvement Specialist (CSIS) Certification
The Certified School Improvement Specialist (CSIS) designation is the education industry's premiere certification. The CSIS recognizes professionals who have demonstrated sustainable improvement in the performance of students, teachers, and school leaders.
To become certified, you must:
- Have a minimum of three years of experience in school improvement done within the past five years
- Have a minimum of three years of performance data demonstrating improvement
- Complete the CSIS Orientation program
- Demonstrate proficiency in 10 Standards
- Complete and submit the application
- Submit a letter of attestation that the information in the application reflects your work and accurately describes what you did
- Commit to a Code of Ethics
- Submit the appropriate fee
- Commit to Recertification every 3 years
Click here to download the CSIS Executive Summary.
Upcoming CSIS Orientation Programs
- To be determined; Please visit again!
Click here to download Registration form.
10 Standards of School Improvement
- Analyze and Apply Critical Judgment
- Facilitate Meaning and Engagement
- Focus on Systemic Factors
- Plan and Record
- Organize and Manage Efforts and Resources
- Guide and Focus Collaborative Improvement
- Monitor Accountability and Adoption
- Demonstrate Organizational Sensitivity
- Build Capacity
- Implement for Sustainability
Click here to download the full Standards.
The purpose of the CSIS Candidate Handbook is to provide information to prospective candidates of the Certified School Improvement Specialist certification program. The document consists of definitions, descriptions, and procedures.
Click here to download the full Candidate Handbook.
This self assessment parallels the checklists reviewers will use when reviewing your application and judging if you satisfied the Standards. You can use the checklists to:
- Guide future work.
- Evaluate your readiness.
- Evaluate a project you want to submit.
- Self evaluate your application or ask a peer to evaluate your application.
Click here to download the full Self Assessment.
This assessment is intended to help you reflect on your areas of strength and areas for improvement. You may want to share your observations with others who know your work as they may see strengths and areas for improvement you have overlooked. Use the results as input to your own development plan and to assess your readiness to apply for the Certified School Improvement Specialist (CSIS) certification.
Click here to download the Readiness Assessment.
Ready to Apply?
Click here to download the Application to apply for the CSIS designation.
Click here to download the aplication form.
Examples of CSIS Applications That Satisfied the Standards
Following are examples to see what school improvement specialists have done that qualified for the CSIS designation.