Performance Improvement Standards
The 10 Standards are based on ISPI's four principles, following a systematic process, and agreeing to a Code of Ethics. They are summarized below:
- Focus on outcome and results.
- Take a systems view.
- Add value.
- Work in partnership with clients and stakeholders.
- Determine the need or opportunity.
- Determine the cause and the performance requirements.
- Design the solution including implementation and evaluation.
- Develop the solution and test itsfeasibility.
- Implement the solution.
- Measure the results and impact.
Click here for a copy of the complete Standards.
Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics is intended to promote ethical practice in the profession. In order to be certified or re-certified, you must sign a statement that you agree to conduct yourself in ways that are in keeping with the principles on which the Code is based. The code of ethics is based on six principles.
1. Add Value Principle
Strive to conduct yourself, and manage your projects and their results, in ways that add value for your clients, their customers, and the global environment.
2. Validated Practice Principle
Make use of and promote validated practices in performance technology strategies and Standards.
3. Collaboration Principle
Work collaboratively with clients and users, functioning as a trustworthy strategic partner.
4. Continuous Improvement Principle
Continually improve your proficiency in the field of performance technology.
5. Integrity Principle
Be honest and truthful in your representations to clients, colleagues, and others with whom you may come in contact with while practicing performance technology.
6. Uphold Confidentiality Principle
Maintain client confidentiality, not allowing for any conflict of interest that would benefit you or others.
Click here for a copy of the complete Code of Ethics.